For this recipe, I was hungry, moody and desperate. Not an ideal combination when it comes to daily food intake, but with some searching around the kitchen, here is today’s how-to for stretching those noodles. With those forgotten sardines!
Spicy Sardine Ramen
From non-perishable leftovers, to a savory supper.
Credits to my stomach
- Ramen of your choice
- Canned Sardines
- Chopped onions
- Chopped peppers
- Minced or powdered garlic
- A sprig of thyme (fresh or dried)
- 2 to 4 tsps of Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil or spraying equivalent
- Boil a small pot of water for your noodles
- With a small saute pan, prepare with a cooking oil. Set heat to medium.
- Add your onion, peppers and or garlic, and saute for at least one minute
- Add the sardines
- Add the soy sauce
- Saute your ingredients for another minute or two.
- Add the ramen and thyme to the water, return to boil for the recommended time.
- With a large bowl, add the ramen and your sauteed ingredients on top.
And you’re done! Happy Nomming!